Want to feel your legs shivering due to the freezing breeze and the staggering height? Then Chopta Chandrashila Trek is something for you to summit. The mesmerizing view of Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Chaukhambha peaks, and Bandarpunch from the altitude of 13,000 feet will be a surreal experience. This trek is a hell lot of an adventure for every backpacker. When you get the chance to cross through the pristine beauty of nature and witness different colors of nature from the lush green forests, white snow beds and snow-capped mountains will not look less than a paradise. The picturesque destination of Chopta is also famed as ‘Mini Switzerland of India’. As you will make your way ahead to Chandrashila The Moon Rock spot of Tungnath will give you the best scenic view you will never get tired of. As you will reach the pinnacle, Tungnath Temple, being one of the highest Shiva temples in the world, sitting there is something to be explored. This trek is not a piece of cake but you will surely enjoy the feel and taste of pristine nature.
There is no best time to adore and admire one of the best trekking trails of the Himalayas. Chopta trek is something that is believed to be an ideal trek that can be visited throughout the year. If you want to witness the beauty of alluring nature then the months of March to May is a perfect time for you to walk through this astounding trail. The weather will be pleasant and will not be more of a challenge for you to submit the trek. Nature will give you its best and make you come across the varied colors and best of the scenic view. If you really want to experience the adventure and feel your feet freezing then winter is a perfect season for you where the land is covered with snow sheets.
Chopta, a surreal hill station situated at an altitude of 2600 meters in the mountains of Uttarakhand is a base camp for the Chopta Chandrashila Trek. It is considered to be one of the alluring base camps of the Himalayan treks. The unique flora and fauna of Uttarakhand is something to be adored here. This place is flourished with foliage forests and offers you with staggering trekking trails throughout the year. Tungnath Temple is one of the famous spots on this trek. The pristine and untouched nature will be offering you a soulful view for sure.
Read Before You Leave
- If you really want to survive then you can’t forget to carry warm clothes with you.
- Try to listen to everything told by the guide so that you may not face any trouble during the trek.
- Carry your own water bottle and try to drink more water and keep yourself hydrated while trekking.
- Do not use plastic bags to maintain the beauty of the destinations.
- Consumption of alcohol or any kind of drug while trekking is not a good idea.
- If you want to save some money then carry some snacks from your home.
- Take some buffer time before you start trekking so that you can settle down in the climatic conditions of mountains which are different from the plains.
- Do not forget to carry valid ID proof with you.
Things To Carry
- You will surely be needing good trekking shoes to go ahead.
- Camping shoes to walk through the rivers.
- Pair of woolen socks to protect your feet from hurting.
- Thermal wears
- A woolen cap to cut off the cold entering your ears.
- Trekking Pants
- Water bottle
- Trekking Pole
- First Aid box
How To Reach Chopta
By Road: You can pass through National Highway 58 which is all around associated with the significant urban areas and towns. You can book your ride on a transport that runs from Delhi to Hardiwar with great recurrence.
By Rail: Haridwar has an all-around associated Railway network from urban areas like Delhi and Dehradun that interfaces with Haridwar Junction Railway Station.
Via Air: You can likewise load onto a trip to Jolly Grant Airport which is almost 36 km from Haridwar City with every day departures from Delhi. You can take a taxi holding up at the air terminal to arrive at your objective.