These competitive exams offer a great salary and good career growth; choosing which one is easier can be challenging. But, you can do it by making comparisons keeping in mind your interests and talents.
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection conducts the IBPS SO exam annually. It is conducted to recruit Specialist Officers (SO) for different government banks. In comparison, New India Assurance Company Limited conducts the NIACL AO exam to fill the vacancies for the post of Administrative Officer in different cadres.
Knowing the major differences between them is essential to analysing, which is easier.
IBPS SO vs NIACL AO
Responsibility- The IBPS SO exam is held for numerous positions such as law officer, I.T. officer, HR, Agricultural Field Officer, Rajbhasha Adhikari, and Marketing Officer.
The NIACL AO exam is for NIACL AO Generalist and Specialist. Their primary role is client interaction, policy-making, and auditing & analysis.
Selection Process- There are three stages for the IBPS SO exam selection process: Prelims, Mains, and Personal Interview.
There are four stages for the NIACL AL exam: Prelims, Mains, Interview, and Final Selection.
IBPS SO vs NIACL AO: Eligibility Criteria
Here is the eligibility criterion for IBPS SO exam for Scale I-
1) I.T. Officer- If you want to apply for the post of I.T. officer, then it is a mandate for you to possess four years of engineering/Technology I.T./Computer Application/ degree in Computer Science/Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Electronics and Instrumentation Electronics and Telecommunication/
OR Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science/I.T./ Electronics and Instrumentation /Electronics and Communication Engineering/ Computer Application Electronics and Telecommunication/
OR Graduates who have cleared the DOEACC ‘B’ level exam.
2) Marketing Officer– Graduate and Full-Time MMS (Marketing)/Full-time PGDBA/ MBA in Marketing/PGDBM with specialisation in Marketing.
3) Law Officer– Bachelor’s degree in Law and enlisted as an advocate with Bar Council.
4) Agricultural Field Officer- 4 years graduation degree in agriculture/ Animal Husbandry/ Horticulture/ dairy Science/ Co-Operation and Banking/Veterinary Science/ Agricultural engineering/ Pisciculture/ Fishery Science/ Agri Marketing and cooperation/ Agro-Forestry
5) H.R. Officer- Full-Time Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Personnel Management/ Labour Law H.R./ Industrial Relation/ HRD/ Social Work.
6) Rajsabha Adhikari- Post Graduate in Hindi with English as a subject at the graduation or degree level OR Post-Graduate Degree in Sanskrit with English and Hindi as a subject at the graduation level.
Education Qualification for NIACL AO exam
Here is the eligibility criterion for the NIACL AO exam for different positions. To know more about these exams, you can sign up with BYJU’s Exam Prep as they provide mock tests, information on the exam syllabus, exam notifications, and keeps you posted with the latest updates-
- Company Secretary- ACS/FCS from ICSI and Graduation or Post-graduation in any field with at least 60% marks.
- Legal- You should have a graduation or post-graduation degree in Law with a minimum of 60% passing marks. It is 55% for SC/ST/PwBD.
- Finance & Accounts– CA Or You should have a graduation or post-graduation degree in Law with a minimum of 60% passing marks. It is 55% for SC/ST/PwBD.
Cost and Management Accountant ICWAI- The Institute of Cost Accountants of India & Bachelor’s Or Master’s Degree in any field with minimum passing marks of 60%, and 55% for SC/ST/PwBD.
MBA Finance Or PGDM FINANCE* Or M.COM with at least 60% passing marks for unreserved candidates and 55% for SC/ST/PwBD.
These were the major differences; by analysing them, you would gauge which exam is easier and which one is tougher. However, both are more or less the same, but as IBPS SO has three stages in the selection process, and NIAXL AO has four stages, you can say it is relatively easier, but there is not much difference overall.
After knowing the exams, it can be said both the exams are equally challenging and offer great growth prospects. Neither IBPS SO nor the NIACL AO exam is easy; they require equal dedication and commitment. It completely depends on your interest and abilities as to which one you choose.